The University of California Natural Reserve System and California State Park system actively encourage research at Ano Nuevo. Due to the environmental sensitivities and logistical complexity of conducting research at this site, several permits are necessary.
For assistance with coordinating research projects, please contact the reserve director:
or the research coordinator:
To conduct research on the mainland you will need to:
2. Obtain permission from the state park
3. Obtain any other permits necessary for your work
4. Coordinate with existing research projects
5. On the day of your visit, sign in at the kiosk.
(if arriving outside of normal business hours, please use the sign-in form below at leave it at the kiosk)
6. Wear a blue research jacket or t-shirt while in the park.